Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Alone

Keep me as the apple of your eye,
hide me in the shadow of your wings...
Psalm 17:8
Discouraged? Defeated? Tired of trying to avoid trouble? Feel alone? Weary of enemies? Well, I have some good news.
You are the apple of God's eye.
You can find protection and rest in God's arms.
You are at a time in your life where you are constantly surrounded by people (in person or online) yet you probably feel more alone than ever. The loneliness comes from having no one with same morals and convictions, no one understanding you, tired of trying to fit in or maybe you are actually alone at home and/or school. But my friend, you are not alone.
In those dark and lonely times, choose to be like David and call out to God. Before David was king, he hid in caves to save his own life. The man knew loneliness and fear. But in that darkest time, he called out to God.
You my friend can do the same thing. When the weight of the world is on your shoulders, when the darkness overwhelms you, when no one answers your cries, call out to God. He will hear you. If you do not know what to say, use one of David's Psalms like Psalm 17 to cry out.
The world will be mean. Sometimes the world may be actually trying to devour you. But do not worry, God will hide you in the shadow of his wings because you are the apple of His eye. Just choose to cry out to God.


This is my life, I choose:

Write this verse on my mirror and memorize: 1 Peter 5:8
Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for depending on the world.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me see Him in my darkest times.
*as I brush my teeth, cry out to God and share all your worries, fears and loneliness.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment