Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spring fever: Spreading Quickly

Health News Bulletin:
Spring fever is still on the rise and spreading quickly. It seems to be very contagious. Symptoms include stupidity on choices that lead to harming self or others. Treatment should be started immediately and include not hanging out with others showing signs of stupidity and by keeping your focus on God not coolness.

Alright, maybe there is no actual illness called Spring fever, but a lot of fellow peers seem to have the symptoms. For some reason teens think they become immune to consequences this time of year. Just because school is almost out, your generation thinks they can do whatever. And the whatever seems to include slacking in school, disrespect, shop lifting, smoking, drinking, sex and for some reason pot or prescription drugs.

You want to hear the other breaking news? The consequences of the actions are the same in the spring as anytime of the year. The end of the school year does not mean, you can choose to do whatever you want with no consequence. But the only word I can think to say is "DUH."

My words of wisdom to you this morning, do not hang out with other idiots. Remove yourself from situations or places where spring fever is out of control. Remember the only way to survive this dangerous spring fever is by keeping your focus on God and His purpose for you. And just in case you are unclear on your purpose, it does not include frying your brain, lungs or any other organ with any chemical or drug. It also does not include spending time in jail or failing in school.

Look, the next few weeks are going to be a little insane. Temptation and stupidity will be all around. Your flesh is going to long for fun. But fun does not have to be stupid.

Choose carefully these next few weeks. Be aware and alert. Be prepared. Use wisdom from God.


This is my life, I choose:

Write this verse on my mirror and memorize: 1 Peter 5:8
Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for unwise choices and for following spring fever.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me see the situations I need to remove myself from before I am in them.
*as I brush my teeth, to ask God to help me speak to my friends so they do not make stupid choices.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment