Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Choosing Between God's Will and Your Dreams

When you are little you start to dream of what you want to be when you grow up. Not only do you believe in your dream, you start preparing, training and practicing to make that dream come true. But how do you respond when God reveals He has other plans for you and all the doors are shut? Does a crushed dream lead to sulking or opening your eyes to see the awesome dream God has for you?

I personally knew a middle school student who had big dreams. The dream led to a certain college doing a certain thing. But as the teen approached high school, the doors to those dreams seem to shut. For awhile, the teen kept trying to make them happen and grew very frustrated. But God was trying to show the teen the plans He had and how the teen's time needed to be committed to that dream. But once the teen finally stopped fighting God and put energy and time into God's plan an amazing thing starting to happen. God begin to give the teen gifts and amazing abilities. Plus the teen experienced joy every time. This story is still in the process, but it is going to have an amazing ending as long as the teen chooses God's will.

You may be at a point in your life where God is saying choose my plan for you, not your dreams. Your heart breaks at the thought of not following your dreams. Wrapping your mind around another plan for your life seems too difficult. But my sweet friend, I ask you this,

"Do you trust God? Do you trust the creator of everything including you with your life?"

Let's look back at a verse,

Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord. “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.”

God is not a dream crusher, He just has bigger and better dreams or you. God is not crushing you. Going against God's plan will crush you. You were designed by God with special gifts and talents to be used for Him. My friend, you must choose to seek God's will instead of your dreams. And as you do, God will reveal so much to you and you will experience a joy inside that is like no other.

Choose to seek God's plan for you. Choose to trust God's plan for you. And you will be choosing to experience true joy when you are fulfilling God's will.

My life, I choose…

*to write Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord. “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.”

*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for putting my dreams before his will.
*as I brush my teeth, ask God to use my mouth to speak the truth.
*as I put on eye make up/contacts, help me see his will.
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment