Sunday, October 10, 2010

To Fear or Not To Fear

October is here and it means so is all the scary things that come with it. Scary movies will be coming out. Haunted houses try to scare you to death. While some of it is fun, many of you live with daily fears. Some of the fears are minor while others may haunt you. So I ask you, are we suppose to live in fear and what should we fear?

Before we go any further, I want you to stop right now and pray. Even if you do not understand why, I want you to give all your fears to God. (we will go into more detail later.)

Some common fears for your age are passing a class, being accepted by your peers, no one else having the same prom dress, not getting asked to prom or homecoming, a boy not liking you, etc. While some of you have even more fears like; whether you will have food to eat, if your parent will not walk out on the family again, or if a loved one will live one more day. Whatever the fear may be, small or big, it can consume you. Fears can take the life right out of you.
My dear sweet friend, you do not have to live in fear. You have something greater on your side. We will discuss this more this week, but for now I want you to read the two verses below until you start to believe them. Tomorrow we will discuss it.


Isaiah 41:13
For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you

Romans 8:15
For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father"


My life, I choose…

*to write one of the verses above on my mirror
*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for letting fear control my life instead of him.
*as I brush my teeth, cry out to God to take away my fears.
*as I put on eye make up/contacts, help me see and believe He is here..
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment