Monday, October 11, 2010

The fear of failing keeps you from succeeding.
The fear of being hurt keeps you from loving.
The fear of disappointment keeps you from living.
The fear of the unknown keeps you from taking the next step.
Things happen in our life that sometimes create a fear in our life. Once the fear gets hold of us it can entrap us. We become a prisoner to the fear. But my friend, you do not have to live in that fear.
When I was 7 years old, a man broke into our home. Many nights I laid in bed fearing it would happen again. At the age of 15, I experienced an awful tragedy. It led me to not trust anyone. 11 years ago, I attended a church where a gunman walked in a killed 7 people, injured others and killed himself. The one place that I thought was safe was no longer safe. Fear finally took me prisoner. It was then I had to choose to continue to live in fear or to trust in something bigger.
As I was growing up, I always wanted to do my best in school or whatever I did. My fear of not succeeding created an anxiety in me. Even though I gave it my all, I still fear the end result. I had to choose to conquer the fear and just do my best or let the anxiety keep me from seeing how well I was doing.
Maybe you can relate to my story or maybe your fear is something different. Whether it is fear of failing or fear of someone close walking out on you again or losing a loved one, you can release that fear and live in freedom from the fear.
Before we can begin releasing ourselves from fear, I have one question to ask you.
Do you believe your Heavenly Father loves you and wants you to live in freedom from fear?
Because of what has happened in your life, can you trust God or is your fear keeping you from trusting Him?
Spend some time talking to God. Be honest with God about why you can or cannot trust Him. Try to be still and listen to God respond.
Today, talk to God. Tomorrow we will continue looking at letting go and trusting God.


Isaiah 41:13
For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you

Romans 8:15
For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father"



My life, I choose…

*to write one of the verses above on my mirror
*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for letting fear control my life instead of him.
*as I brush my teeth, cry out to God to take away my fears.
*as I put on eye make up/contacts, help me see and believe He is here..
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment