Monday, November 8, 2010

So Mean...

My family and I are Taylor Swift fans so I bought her new CD this weekend. As I was listening to it, one song made me laugh. It is called "Mean." It describes a person who will never out grow being mean to people. And I imagine you can probably think of someone who fits that description.

Whether the person is mean and insulting to you or someone else, you know the pain it causes. But Taylor goes on to say in the song that she is still going to make something of herself no matter what mean things they say to her. So I have to ask you, can you choose to overcome the insults and ugliness of others? Will their words determine who you will be today and tomorrow or will what God says about you determine who you are?

My opinion is that you choose to believe God over others, especially the opinions of your peers. As we go through the week we will talk more about dealing with others, but for now know:

"You are a daughter of God."

"If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you ." 1 Peter 4:14

My life, I choose…

*to write the verse above on my mirror
*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for being mean to others.
*as I brush my teeth, ask God to use my mouth to encourage others and respond in love.
*as I put on eye make up/contacts, help me see the hurt even my enemies carry.
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment