Thursday, November 11, 2010

Your Words

Whether you face insults today or not, someone around you will. A fellow classmate may be insulted for their looks, family, intelligence or beliefs. You and I know how much it hurts to be the one insulted. So today, let's be the one to make a difference and make someone's day a little better.

My challenge for you today is no matter what type of day you are having, for you to choose to encourage a peer. In the first thirty seconds you see him/her, give a sincere compliment. Be a light in their day. So, let us not worry about what others say about us, but choose to focus on encouraging one another. And you never know, it might just make your day better.

Please share your stories with me.

"If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you ." 1 Peter 4:14

My life, I choose…

*to write the verse above on my mirror
*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for being mean to others.
*as I brush my teeth, ask God to use my mouth to encourage others and respond in love.
*as I put on eye make up/contacts, help me see the hurt even my enemies carry.
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment