Thursday, January 28, 2010

Week 1 Day 4; Your Attitude is Your Choice

If you have a test today, know there is drama waiting for you at school or if you are fighting with your parents, you probably have already chosen to be in a bad mood. And you may have a right to be mad. But does choosing to start our day in a bad mood do us any good?

It is a new day. You do not know if it is going to be a good or bad day. The bad parts of yesterday may be there today. But you and you alone have the choice of your attitude. You can choose to start your day as a grumpy bear ready to devour anyone and anything. Or you can choose to stop and realize how great God is and choose to start your day with a more joyful attitude.

Now stop right there. You are already trying to tell me why you have a right to have an attitude. I agree you have a right to be hurt or upset at some things. But you do not have to carry the attitude with you. You can choose to give the hurt, anger, frustrations to God and choose to focus on what God has done for you.

Here are some reasons you can choose joy this morning:
  1. God gave you another day of life.
  2. You have people like me who love and care about you.
  3. You have clothes to wear.
  4. You have food to eat.
  5. You have a place to sleep.
  6. God gave His Son to die for you so you may be forgiven.
  7. God loves you even when you have attitude.
  8. God chose you.
  9. You are not living in Haiti in a tent hoping to get water today.
  10. You are the apple of God's eye.

So whether you think your parents were so unfair yesterday or your siblings have it so much easier, choose joy. Even if you think your teacher is so stupid and is out to make your life miserable or you have to wear a school uniform today, I want you to choose joy this morning. You might just be surprised at the difference in your day if you start it focused on the good things instead of the bad.

What are you going to choose: misery, anger or the best option, joy?

It is my life, I choose...

  1. as I brush out my hair to thank God for His Son so I may be forgiven.
  2. as I brush my teeth I will thank God for all he has given me. (see list above if you need help.)
  3. as I put in my contacts or eye makeup, I will ask God to help me see my blessings today.
  4. as I get dressed, I will put on the armor of God and thank God that I am not alone on a bad day.

"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days." Psalm 90:14

No comments:

Post a Comment