Friday, January 29, 2010

Week 1 Day 5: Choosing Accountability

I hope our first week together has helped you think about your first choices of the day. Please know I am praying for you and hope you have started choosing God first thing in the morning. Your teenage lives are so difficult and I do not want you to try to get through them without God.

I ask that you continue to start your day with God through the weekend. If you have not read all this weeks blog then please do so over the weekend. I do not want you to miss out on one part. These first choices will be crucial to all the other choices we will be discussing throughout the blog.

As we close out this week, I do have one more choice for you. I want you to choose to have someone hold you accountable. You can find a friend or I am more than happy to do it. It really helps having someone there to make sure you are choosing God, joy and appropriate clothing each day. Two is always better than one.

It is so easy with technology to hold each other accountable. A simple text in the morning saying, "Choose God," or "Choose a Clothes Check." Writing a note on a facebook wall is another easy accountability check. Simple reminders help us when life gets busy.

So today choose an accountability partner. If you do not trust your friends, I will do it. Just shoot me an email with your phone number or message me on Facebook.

I look forward to the next several weeks as we discuss more choices. Please let me know any topics you would like for me to cover. This is not my blog, it is ours.

This is my life, I choose...

As I brush my hair, to ask for forgiveness over my attitude and actions.
As I put in my eyes, I ask God to show me an accountability partner.
As I brush my teeth, I ask God to use my mouth to tell others about him.
As I get dressed, I clothe myself with the armor of God. (Don't forget clothes check)

"Two are better than one, because they have good return for their work; If one falls down his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up."
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment