Friday, March 11, 2011

Lent Day 10: Serve Today

My life, I choose for Lent....

*to sacrifice_________ for forty days and give that time to God.
*to read scripture each of these days.
*to spend time talking to and worshiping God

I Corinthians 15
55 “Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?”[i]

56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Today, I want you to give yourself fully to the work of the Lord. Open your eyes and see those who you can serve today. Whether it be in the store parking lot, a neighbor, a teacher, a friend, serve the Lord today.

My Life, I Choose...
*to memorize the verse I chose yesterday.
*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me.
*as I brush my teeth, thank God for the victory of the cross.
*as I put on eye make up/contacts, open my eyes to see how I may serve today.
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment