Friday, March 11, 2011

Lent Day 8: Don't Just Say, Do

My life, I choose for Lent....

*to sacrifice_________ for forty days and give that time to God.
*to read scripture each of these days.
*to spend time talking to and worshiping God

Matthew 21: The Parable of the Two Sons

28 “What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work today in the vineyard.’
29 “‘I will not,’ he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.

30 “Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, ‘I will, sir,’ but he did not go.

31 “Which of the two did what his father wanted?”

“The first,” they answered.

Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you. 32 For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.


As we talk about giving, spending time with God, it is easy to say I am will try. But my friend, God does not ask us to try, He is asking us to do what will say we will do today. Your desire to serve Him and know Him better is not enough. It is time to put actions with our words.


Today, choose God, choose to serve, choose to love, choose to forgive, choose to believe.



My Life, I Choose...
*to memorize a verse.
*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for not doing what He asked.
*as I brush my teeth, to use my mouth to share His Word.
*as I put on eye make up/contacts, open my eyes to see what I can do. *as I get dressed, put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment