Friday, March 11, 2011

Lent Day 13: Shine!

My life, I choose for Lent....

*to sacrifice_________ for forty days and give that time to God.
*to read scripture each of these days.
*to spend time talking to and worshiping God

Matthew 5: Salt and Light
13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.



You are probably not planning to hide under a bowl, but do you hide in your church or church youth group? Or maybe even hide in your Christian school? Why we need time with fellow Christians to build ourselves up and encourage one another, we need to be careful not to hide in those places. God has chosen us and commanded us to go and be the light in a dark world. How are you shining light in the dark?

My Life, I Choose...
*to memorize the verse I chose yesterday.
*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for not shining for Him.
*as I brush my teeth, ask God to help me speak truth and love to a lost world.
*as I put on eye make up/contacts, open my eyes to see how I may shine light on others.
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment