Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lent Day 4: More Rejoicing

My life, I choose for Lent....

*to sacrifice_________ for forty days and give that time to God.
*to read scripture each of these days.
*to spend time talking to and worshiping God


Luke 15: The Parable of the Lost Coin



8 “Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins[a] and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? 9 And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ 10 In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”




Do you see it again? A sinner repents, heaven rejoices!!! You were lost, Christ found you, heaven rejoiced. You sin, you repent, God forgives, heaven rejoices!!




Being too ashamed to admit your sin, your failures hurts you. Releasing, repenting, and turning from your sin makes the Heavens rejoice and sets you free!!




As we approach Easter, are you going to hold onto your sin or take them to the cross? My friend, my prayer for you is that you take it to the cross and let the Heavens rejoice!!




My life, I choose…

*to memorize the verse I chose yesterday.
*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for my sins. (confess each one).
*as I brush my teeth, thank God for taking my punishment.
*as I put on eye make up/contacts, help me see my friends who are lost so I may tell them the heavens want to rejoice because they will come to Christ.
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment