Monday, February 1, 2010

Week 2 Day 1: Choose Who You Are

The big thing on facebook right now is who is your celebrity look a like. Everyone is posting pics or asking for everyone to tell them who they resemble. It is a lot of fun. But now I have a question for you. What would be your profile pic if I asked you who you are more like, Christ or the World? If you asked your friends, parents or teachers, what would they say? What would be your profile pic?

Now I am not asking you this question to make you feel bad. I want you to think what your life reflects the most. Do you reach out to those who have no friends or ignore them? Do you forgive others or hold grudges? Do you show respect? Do you spread hope and joy or anger? Are you selfish or selfless? Are content with what you have or jealous over what others have? Do you choose God everyday or are you too busy?

We are human. All of us will make bad choices. But at what point do you make choices to reflect Christ instead of the world on a more consistent basis.

First of all, you have to choose to want to be like Christ. You all know WWJD, but you have to choose to do what Jesus would do. You cannot stop at the knowing. It is a desire you need to have and I hope you want to have. Do you want to be like Christ? Do you want your look a like to be Christ?

And if you do not want to be like Christ then why? Is it the appeal of the world? Does the world seem to have more fun? Do they seem to have it all? Or do you think being like Christ is too hard and you do not want to fail? Or maybe you do not want to be like Christ because too many Christians have been so unpleasant.

I want you to think about it. We will continue our discussion tomorrow. I would love for you to share why you lack desire or why you think it is too hard to be like Christ. My prayer for you is that you desire to be like Christ and experience the full joy that is in Christ.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. The you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will. " Romans 12:2

It is my life, I choose
to write on my bathroom mirror Romans 12:2 (see above)
as I brush out the tangles, I will ask God to forgive me for choosing the world over Him.
as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), I will ask God to show me where I am more like the world than Him.
as I brush teeth, I will ask God for mouth to speak His words, not ugly words of the world.
as I get dressed, I will put on the armor of God so I may be ready for the battles.

No comments:

Post a Comment