Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Beauty 101: Inner Beauty Shine

The hair, the outfit, the make up...you care about it in some sort of way. Whether you spend hours or minutes you care about your appearance. And while there is nothing wrong with make up, clothes and cute hair, why do we not choose to care or even think about our inner beauty? We do not usually leave for school in our pj's (even though pj days are great), why do we leave without preparing and beautifying our attitudes?

If a bad hair day can ruin our day, just think about what a bad attitude can do. And just like we wash, spray, whatever to our hair to fix it, we need to spend the time cleansing and preparing our mind, soul and spirit. Trying to throw a fake smile over a bad attitude is like trying to throw a cap over a bad hair day, people see right through it.

This week we have been talking about letting God influence us. And most days as a teenager, you need help and some positive influence on your attitude. So as I have said before, why not start your day with God and his word.

Seeking forgiveness for your mess ups is like washing your hair to get the crud out. Filling your mind with God's word is like using your hair product to make your hair shine. So as I have asked before, why not start your day with God so your inner beauty will shine? Why not turn heads because everyone notices there is something different and special about you.


This is my life, I choose:

Write this verse on my mirror and memorize: Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for not living my life for him and losing sight of what is important.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me see and understand how to live my life for him at school this year.
*as I brush my teeth, ask God to help the words I speak glorify him.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment