Monday, August 30, 2010

Choose Not To Worry

What are your worries today, tomorrow, next week or this year? What worries consume your thoughts, maybe even keep you up at night? Do you control your worries or do they control you?
While the teen years come with new freedoms and experiences, they also come with worries. Worries about the clothes you wear, your hair, being accepted, passing the class of the evil teacher, getting along with your parents, your future after high school. They all start to consume you. Eventually they do not only consume you, but can bring you down. This week we are going to look at what God says about worrying and learn how to handle those worries.
Today, I just want you to read the passage below. And instead of worrying on the way to school, notice the birds of the air, the flowers, the trees and remember these words:
Do Not Worry
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[b]?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:25-34



This is my life, I choose:

Write this verse on my mirror and memorize: Matthew 6:33
33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.


*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for letting my worries consume me and distract me.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me see the worries that keep me from seeing and believing him.
*as I brush my teeth, ask God to help my mouth claim the his truth and faith in who God is.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment