Sunday, August 22, 2010

My school year, I choose...

Unfortunately, you cannot choose for it to stay summertime. But the new school year brings many choices for you to make and so far the choices have included clothes and school supplies. But I have a question for you, have you thought about who you are going to live for this school year? Who is going to influence the choices you make?

Parents and teachers will have some influence, but friends will probably have the most. You may be living your life to please your parents or friends. Now, while neither of those may be bad, should you choose to live for something else? Should you have something else that influences you more than anything else?

Or maybe you are choosing to live your life for a guy, a boyfriend. You make your choices based on what he wants or what will get his attention and love. You cannot decide anything without knowing it is okay with him (even the clothes you wear.) But when one person influences your choices so much, you might be heading down a road that leads to heartbreak.

My prayer for you this school year is that you will choose to live your life for Christ and choose to let God influence every choice that you make. And I pray you will see the difference you will make when you live your life for Christ.

Just think about a typical school day for a minute, and say "what if.."

* you choose to pray every morning and give your day to God.
* you choose to quote scripture on who you are in Christ before you walk in the school doors.
* you choose to let your inner beauty shine by being kind to all who cross your path.
* you choose to fall in love with God this year.
* you choose to do your best as if everything you do is for God.

Will you think about it? Will you pray about it? Will you talk with me about it?

I will be writing daily again on the blog as we start this journey and choose to live this year for Christ. Please join me every school day. Before you go on facebook, read the blog that will discuss the choices above and so much more.

(If you are new to the blog, you may want to go back and read the first blog to understand the next part.)

This is my life, I choose:

Write this verse on my mirror and memorize: Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for not living my life for him and losing sight of what is important.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me see and understand how to live my life for him at school this year.
*as I brush my teeth, ask God to help the words I speak glorify him.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment