Monday, August 23, 2010

Choose to Let God Influence You First

For something or anything to influence you, you must be around it or spend time with it. So if you truly want God to influence your life you need to....

Even though I know you are smart enough to know the answer, let's still discuss it.


You start your day either rushing because you slept too late or you start your day checking facebook. Or maybe you turn up the radio and blare music to get you going. Whatever your choice, something is influencing you just like the weather influences what you will wear. So, why not choose to let God influence your first thoughts, your first actions?

Choosing to talk to God as you get up and moving and claiming the truth in his word is the best influence to start your day. Why not be encouraged about who you are in Christ every morning? Why not remember who is on your side? Why not remember that you are not alone? Why not remind yourself that God loves you?

So, unless you have an argument on why you should not let God be your first influence...then try this for the first month of school:

1. Write our weekly verse on a bathroom or bedroom mirror. (I choose the mirror because we all know as girls that is where we look the most.)
2. Repeat the verse as you get ready. Claim it as truth in your life.
3. Pray as you get ready. Use the prayer ideas I give you if necessary. (brushing hair: seek forgiveness, brushing teeth: pray for your mouth, eyes: open to see things, getting dressed: put on armor of God, etc.)

And remember trying it is not going to do you any harm.


This is my life, I choose:

Write this verse on my mirror and memorize: Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for not living my life for him and losing sight of what is important.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me see and understand how to live my life for him at school this year.
*as I brush my teeth, ask God to help the words I speak glorify him.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment