Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Choose To Believe Who You Are

Your parents have an opinion of who you are and who they want you to be. Your friends and fellow classmates have an opinion of who you are. If you asked them to describe you in 5 words there would be some similarities and some differences. Maybe even your school friends would have a different view of who you are than your church friends. But today, I want you to know who you are...who you are in Christ.

1. You Were Created By God
Psalm 139:13
For You formed my inward parts;You wove me in my mother's womb

Genesis 1:27
God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them

2.You Were Chosen By God
2 Thessalonians 2:13
But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth


3. You Are Loved By God
Romans 8:39
39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 5:8
8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us

4. Read your verse for the week.

Whether you are cool or not, size 0 or 12, blonde, red or brunette, tan or pale...You, my sweet girl, were created by God (every part of you), you were chosen by God, you are loved by God (to the point He gave his son for you), and God will never leave you and is with you.

Now, choose to believe it!!

This is my life, I choose:

Write this verse on my mirror and memorize: Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for not believing who I am in Christ.

*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me see who I am in Christ.

*as I brush my teeth, ask God to help the words I speak and believe who I am in Christ.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment