Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Choose God First

"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Jesus Christ."
Philippians 3:13-14


New Year Choices:
1.Choose to accept God's forgiveness of last year's mistakes.
2.Choose to forgive those who hurt you and not hold onto your anger.
3.Choose to put God first this year and focus on Him.
4. And just because...choose to smile...God loves you and so do I :)

Number 3 is something I have said over and over again since the first blog. No matter if you have accomplished this or struggle with it, it is a new year, a new day for you to start.

I want you to choose to spend at least 15 minutes with God in the morning. You can just talk to Him, crank the worship music and praise Him or you can read this blog and use the prayer guide below as you get ready.

Also, please find 15 minutes to read a Psalm or Proverbs or read your favorite Bible story. You just need to choose to open your bible or use a bible on your phone or computer and read it. You can read it anywhere with technology now.

So this new year do not try to put God first, choose to put Him first. Today, tomorrow and the next, you will either choose to make God a priority or you will choose another priority. So let's choose God.

My life, I choose…

*to write the verse above on my mirror and memorize: Phil. 3:13-14
*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for my not so smart choices last year.
*as I brush my teeth, thank God for His forgiveness and say out loud "I accept it."
*as I put on eye make up/contacts, help me see those I am still mad at today and help me forgive them as God forgives you.
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment