Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year, New Choices

It is a new year with new choices to make everyday...is that good or bad? It is good if you are learning to make better choices. But if you still choose not so wisely, well it is another year of learning for you.

So to start the new year, I want us to go with a verse that has us heading in a forward direction instead of looking back on all the not so good things.

"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Jesus Christ."
Philippians 3:13-14

Whether last year was a year of good things and good choices or a year of just nothing going right and stupid choices, today is a new day and a new year. Here are a few choices crucial to starting off a new year and moving forward:

  1. Choose to accept God's forgiveness of last year's mistakes.
  2. Choose to forgive those who hurt you and not hold onto your anger.
  3. Choose to put God first this year and focus on Him.
  4. And just because...choose to smile...God loves you and so do I :)

We will cover each topic a little more each day this week. But to help you with each one, start with our daily steps below. Each step is there to help you remember to talk to God each morning and form a habit of talking to Him while you start your day.

My life, I choose…

*to write the verse above on my mirror and memorize: Phil. 3:13-14
*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for my not so smart choices last year.
*as I brush my teeth, thank God for His forgiveness and say out loud "I accept it."
*as I put on eye make up/contacts, help me see those I am still mad at today and help me forgive them as God forgives you.
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment