Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Trust

11For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity.
Jeremiah 29:11-14

I hope you have chosen to move forward and have found the willingness to be forgiven and to forgive. More than likely, opportunities have come to practice what we spoke about last week. Whether you choose wisely or not, this is a new week and I pray you will continue to work at forgiving.

Another part of moving forward is trust, trusting in something we cannot see. Or you could say it is believing in something bigger than you. So, do you trust God?
Maybe the answer is an easy yes for you. Let me word it another way, do you trust God with your life and your future? Hmmm...when you add a couple of words to the question, it makes it a little harder to answer.
Why is it so much harder to trust God with our own life and future? Or maybe we should ask why not trust God with our lives and future? Is God not the creator? Did God knit you together in your mother's womb? Who besides God cares enough to know the number of hairs on your head? Who besides God sent His Son to take your punishment and die on a cross?
My friend, I know many people have already broken your trust. A promise to you may mean nothing because no one keeps them. But remember, each one of them are human and none of them have a big thick book (aka the Bible) showing all the promises they have kept.
Read the passage of scripture again. Say verse 11 again and again. Say it aloud and choose to believe it. Keep saying it until we meet again tomorrow. Listen to the words as you say them. Choose to listen because it is God speaking.


My life, I choose…

*to write the verse above on my mirror and memorize:
*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for my lack of trust in Him.
*as I brush my teeth, thank God for showing me His faithfulness and promises.
*as I put on eye make up/contacts, help me see how He has already taken care of me.
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment