Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Year, New Trust

11For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity.
Jeremiah 29:11-14

How do you trust God when you are hurting or struggling? When hope seems to be fading and it feels like it will only get worse, can you trust God? When the pain and loneliness overtakes you, do you still trust God?


Say verse 11 out loud right now. You just said God knows the plans He has for you. God, unlike you and me, sees the bigger picture while you and I live in the moment.

Maybe you remember the story of David. He was promised to be the next king, but before that day came he was hiding in caves. As David hid in those caves he had to wonder not only if he would be King but if he would live until the next day. And while at times he had to ask God why, he trusted in God.


My sweet, young friend, I know your life can get complicated and full of pain. But your God is faithful and if you let Him, He will teach you, guide you and carry you through the tough times. You just have to choose to trust Him even when you cannot see the big picture.


Read some of the Psalms David wrote while he was in those caves. Use them as your prayer today.



My life, I choose…

*to write the verse above on my mirror and memorize:
*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for my lack of trust in Him.
*as I brush my teeth, thank God for showing me His faithfulness and promises.
*as I put on eye make up/contacts, help me see how He has already taken care of me.
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God

1 comment:

  1. Read Psalm 40 and see how David cried out and trusted God.

    ReplyDelete