Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Choose to Know You Are Not Alone

Wow, I do not know about you, but I had an amazing Easter week and weekend. Not only did I get to particiapte in amazing worship, but I was able to see God's love for you.

What? Did I confuse you? Or do you think that I am talking about Christ dying on the cross for you?

Yes, Christ showed His love by dying on the cross for you, but I saw God's love in another way. And let me tell you, it is so cool!

When you are a teenager, you think adults do not understand how difficult it is for you. And I think I would have to agree with you. Your generation does not have it easy. Temptation has increased by it being at your fingertips 24/7 and the world's morals have plummeted. What I experienced at 15, some of you experience at 12 or even younger.

But do you want to hear the good news??? Well, I am going to tell you anyway. God hears your prayers. God sees you struggling with all these trials. God feels your pain and heartache.

How do I know this you ask? I witnessed God speaking to adults. Huh?? Did I confuse you? God spoke to me and others this week about the needs of all of you. The cool part is He spoke to us and when we shared it we realize He was telling us all the same thing.

Adults came before God and cried out for you. All ages of adults have felt the need to be praying for our teenagers. We are praying for you as you face each day, but we also know God wants to do some crazy and mighty things through your generation.

I know some of you are thinking Mrs. GaLynn is even more crazy than before. Which in ways I am a little more crazy. But it is a good crazy.

Today, you may face heartache. You may face trials. You may face temptation. Sadly, some of you may face another day of being alone. But my dear sweet friend, you are not alone and whatever you are facing, please know there are some of us lifting you up in prayer.

Choose to believe the truths of who you are in God. Choose to know God loves you so much and has prayer warriors praying for you. Choose to know I love you and I am praying for you. Choose to know my friend that in the midst of your pain and loneliness, you are not alone, God is with you. Choose to know God has a special plan for you and He is ready for you to rock this world for Him. God has chosen you, my friend.

This is my life, I choose:

Write this verse on my mirror :
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

* as I brush out the tangles, to ask God to forgive me for turning to the world instead of him.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me see that there are people who love me and are praying for me.
*as I brush my teeth, to ask God to help me share the hope I have in Christ.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment