Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Why Choose Not To Be Lazy

End of the school year is here. The last six weeks of school is all you have left. Motivation seems to be lacking. You are ready for testing and school to be over. Maybe you are so ready for it to be over, you are starting to slack off. Does it matter if you finish strong? Do you care? Does anyone care?

I cannot speak for others around you, but I do know one thing.

23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24

Mmmm??? Does that include school work?

My theory is: people will be stupid and annoy us. You may desire not to do well in a class because you just do not like the teacher. Or maybe you are so tired of all the other kids behavior in class you just do not care. In the end you just give up.

If we have an "I don't care" attitude about school work, we are reflecting that attitude towards the work, teachers and education. Which in turn is reflecting a poor image of Christ.

So still confused or not convinced?

Other humans may cause you to give up or seriously lack motivation. Others may motivate you, but you feel what you do is not good enough so you give up. But when whatever we do is for the Lord, we can find motivation.

How does God motivate you? He created you. Remember, God loves you so much He sent His Son to die for you. Not only does Christ give earthly rewards, but as we live our lives for Him we are storing up treasures in Heaven. Sweet! And the rewards of the Lord are not just a happy face or gold sticker.

When you stand out because you always work your hardest and do your best (may not be perfect, but do your best), others notice. Fellow classmates and teachers notice there is something different about you. You are bringing glory to God and may even have the opportunity to share what motivates you.

So, when your teacher annoys you or makes you mad, make a mental note to remind yourself that you are working for the Lord.

This is my life, I choose:

Write this verse on my mirror: Pick one of the verses from Monday. The Proverbs might be best.
*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for not always doing my best and being lazy.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me see the times I am being lazy.
*as I brush my teeth, to ask God to help me share about him when others notice the difference.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment