Monday, April 26, 2010

Test Stress!!!

For all of you in the state of Texas, it is TAKS week!!! The most dreaded week in the school year. Teachers have pressure on them for you to do well and you have pressure on you to do well. You would think your entire future depended on the test. It can be a little overwhelming.

First of all, breathe!!! While you do have to pass it and it is important you do well, please do not make yourself sick over it. Worrying over the the test will not help you. So just stop, breath and relax.


Do Not Worry
"25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. " Matthew 6:25-34

My sweet, young friend, life is not always easy. TAKS in Texas is part of your academic life. At this point time, you either know it or you don't. So do not worry about it. Trust me some of your teachers are stressing enough for all of us. And all that worry and stress is not healthy anyway. So take Jesus' advice and do not worry about tomorrow because tomorrow will worry about itself.

  1. Do not worry.
  2. Pray.
  3. Get plenty of sleep the night before.
  4. Eat a breakfast with protein.
  5. Smile and have a little confidence.



This is my life, I choose:

Write this verse on my mirror and memorize: Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for worrying about the little things.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me see and remember what I have learned.
*as I brush my teeth, to ask God to help me write out each answer.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment