Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter Week: Footprints of Praise

You could not see the footprints on the road. Today it was covered in palm branches and cloaks. His footprints you would not see because today he entered the Jerusalem riding on a donkey. Today he entered the town where he would soon face death.

But today, footprints covered the side of the road and from those footprints came shouts of praise.

"Hosanna to the Son of David!"
"Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!"
"Hosanna in the highest!"

There was so much excitement and energy that day. Even the city of Jerusalem noticed. People stopped to ask,

"Who is this?" The crowds answered, "This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee."

Imagine following the footsteps of Christ that day. Yelling and shouting praises to Him. Even more exciting watching Jesus heal the lame and blind. But when the day was done, the footsteps of the people led home. Would they remember what they had seen?

Maybe I should ask, would I remember? Would the excitement wear off? Would I forget Jesus?

What about you? Are you like the crowd? Do you shout and praise Christ when things are going great?

How about when things are calm? No miracles, no trials, do you still shout praises?

Now the difficult question, do you shout praises when you face trials and struggles? When your loved lays fighting for their life? When the child you long is not part of His plan? When your teenager rebels?

Like the crowd, I follow Christ and shout about His goodness. But how quick I let life get so busy and forget about the footprints that walked to Jerusalem for me. I forget about the miracles God has done.

May I, may you, remember who Christ is everyday. May circumstances not dictate my praise of the Father. May I follow the footsteps of Christ at the beginning of everyday, shouting

"Hosanna[b] to the Son of David!"
"Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!"[c]
"Hosanna[d] in the highest!"

May you and I start today. See Christ footprint, are you ready to follow? May our footprints be near Christ as we shout His praises.

No comments:

Post a Comment