Monday, March 29, 2010

Footsteps That Lead to Amazement and Understanding

The footsteps led to Bethany for rest and early in the morning would start back to Jerusalem. Just like you and I, Christ was hungry.

18Early in the morning, as he was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. 19Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, "May you never bear fruit again!" Immediately the tree withered. (Matthew 21:18-19)

Now those who had followed his steps and seen his miraculous healing of the sick and dead again would find themselves in awe of what he had done.

20When the disciples saw this, they were amazed. "How did the fig tree wither so quickly?" they asked (Matthew 21:20)

I found myself chuckling at the disciples. They had seen him turn water to wine, heal so many even with just His touch. These are the men who had sat at Christ feet and heard His teaching. But they still were amazed at another miracle. Did His power amaze them or did they just not comprehend that Jesus was the Son of God?

On my journey with Christ, as I follow Him, do I truly understand who Christ is? Am I amazed at everything He does? If the disciples did not comprehend it all being by Jesus’ side, can my few minutes a day with Christ be enough to know Christ?

When was the last time you were amazed at what God was doing and what was it?

Now stop and really think about this weekend or last week, what did God do that you missed or did not stop and see God working?

The disciples walked with Christ for a few years and still did not understand some of the thing Christ taught them. What do you not understand?

What changes in your walk with Christ do you need to make to know Him more, to understand who God is?

Oh how I want to be amazed by the blooming flower God created to the healing of my friend with cancer. How I want to know Christ that I understand him when He speaks to me. May I see and hear Christ in everything I do as my footsteps follow his.

My friend, what is you prayer as you follow Christ footsteps?

No comments:

Post a Comment