Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Footsteps of a Teacher

The footsteps led to the temple courts. Jesus steps would stop to teach again. Knowing some were trying to trap him and others would betray him, Jesus kept teaching.

The chief priest, the Pharisees, the elders were there at Christ Footsteps. They were questioning and trying to trap Christ. When Christ stepped on their toes through his teaching…the Chief Priest and Pharisees felt the twinge. But they did not repent; they grew angry and looked for a way to arrest Jesus.

Matthew 21:45-46 45When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard Jesus' parables, they knew he was talking about them. 46They looked for a way to arrest him, but they were afraid of the crowd because the people held that he was a prophet.

As I sit here today at the footsteps of Christ and read the teachings of His last day, I wonder how I will respond when Christ words step on my toes a little bit. How have I responded to Christ when His words speak directly to me? Am I like the Pharisees and get mad? Do I resist the truth Christ is teaching?

How about you? When you hear Christ teaching how do you respond? Do you accept it as truth? If His words step on your toes a little bit, how do you respond?

My dear friend, may you and I, humble ourselves as we sit and the footsteps of Christ. May you and I listen to His every word and be willing not only to learn but apply Christ every word to our lives. The truth of Christ words may be difficult and hard to swallow, but may you and I trust in Christ and obey.

Today, sit at the footsteps of Christ. Read the words of Christ that He taught in his last days before death. My friend, some words may step on your toes. But I pray, you will listen as Christ speaks to you.

Read Matthew 21:28-25:46 . (You can read one Prable at a time if you need)

As you read each teaching, ask God to open your ears, eyes, mind and heart to his teaching. Read each word as if it is the first time you read it. May God give you wisdom and discernment over each lesson. Listen to the words of Christ. What is He asking you to bring before the cross so you can truly experience your new life in Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment