Thursday, March 4, 2010

Week 6 Day 4: Your Choice Now Will Stay With You

One day you will get married. You will fall in love and find the mate God has chosen for you. As you dream about that day and that guy, you probably are hoping for a few things. Of course you want him to be cute and probably hope he is rich. Some of you probably even have a certain eye and hair color for your guy. (Mine was blond hair, blue eye. Mr. Sam is neither. But he was a Texas boy.)

Now I want to ask you about other things you may want from your future spouse. Do you want him to save himself until he marries you? Do you want him to do anything more than kiss and hold hands with other girls before he meets you? Do you want him to have a long list of ex girlfriends before he meets you? Do you want him to love the Lord with everything he has so he will be able to love you better?

You may or may not be able to answer those questions easily, but I want you to really think about it. This is the guy you will be with forever. Do you really want some guy who has been involved with a lot of girls? Who may just see you as another girl? Who does not truly love the Lord? No, you don't.

You do not want those qualities in your future spouse and your future spouse does not want them in you. As you date you want to make sure you are not making mistakes with these guys that you will have to tell your future spouse. Would you rather tell him one day that you saved yourself for him or all the different physical activities you had with other guys?

Dating is fun, but just keep it at fun. Don't let it get serious and do not ever let it go too far. Have your first kiss (when you are old enough) and hold hands as you walk together. But that is about as far as the physical side should go. And if you are tempted to do more, just think about that future spouse. If you do not want him doing certain things with another girl then you should not do it either.

Choose to prepare yourself for the guy God has made just for you. Do not waste too much time trying to please some random guy you will never see after high school. Choose to be who God created you to be not what some selfish guy wants you to be.

This is my life I choose:

Write this verse on my mirror

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. " Mark 12:30

* as I brush out the tangles, to ask God to forgive me for anything I may have already done with a guy that is more than just a kiss.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me see who I am in Christ not who I have to be for a random guy.
*as I brush my teeth, to ask God to help me speak out about waiting until I am married to any guy who ask.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment