Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Week 6 Day 3: Choosing Who to Date

I really hope you decide just to focus on falling in love with God first. But I want to go ahead and cover boyfriends.

A lot of this is black and white. So I am just going to say it like it is. Do not choose to date:

  1. A non-christian: He will have different morals. He cannot love you properly because he has not experienced the love and forgiveness of Christ.
  2. A christian who is only a christian when they step inside the church. If he is not living his life for Christ and has no desire to be obedient to Christ, your morals will be different. He too will pull you away from Christ not to Christ. And cannot love you like you deserve.
  3. Any guy you have to change. If you think you can date him and lead him to Christ...not so much. Be his friend. Share Christ with him. Bring him to church. But do not date him.
  4. Any guy you would not want your sister or best friend to date.
  5. Any guy trying to be the bad boy. If he wants to have a bad boy image, he will do what it takes to be a bad boy including pressuring you to do things.
  6. Any guy who does not respect your decision to wait until you are married.
  7. Any guy that has a reputation of having sex with other girls. No matter what he says, he wants you to be the next girl. Plus who knows what gross disease he might have.
  8. Any guy that is disrespectful to you, parents and/or teachers especially female.
  9. Any guy involved in illegal activity. It will get you in trouble.
  10. Any guy that you would not want your parents, youth leader, or me to meet. If you know I would have a talk with you than no.

Now you can roll your eyes at me or listen. I will share my personal story of dating the not so bad guy. I can even tell you about being careful with the church going boy. I have dated all kinds of guys. I will sit down with you and tell you the truth. Maybe you have a mom or sister who will share honestly about dating certain types of guys. I know the results and even the worst result back then does not compare to some of the consequences of today.

You have to choose to be careful. You have to choose to listen to your gut (which is actually God trying to get your attention.) One wrong choice could have lasting consequences for the rest of your life. And even if you think you are strong and can stand your ground, it get hard when you are in the fire.

Today, I wish I had made better choices. My choices in dating were stupid. (not all but most) My niece made much better choices then me. I admire her for being patience and dating good guys. She does not have the regret. I can name many friends who have many regrets and a few who do not. So, because I love you so much and want you to experience a wonderful life in Christ not hindered by stupidity, please choose carefully who you date (after you fall in love with God.) And when you are not sure on a guy, give me a call. We will discuss it.


Do Not Be Yoked With Unbelievers
"14Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial[a]? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever
? "
2 Corinthians 6:14-15

This is my life I choose:

Write this verse on my mirror

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. " Mark 12:30

* as I brush out the tangles, to ask God to forgive me for wanting to date guys that hinder my realtionship with Him.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me see if and who He may have for me.
*as I brush my teeth, to ask God to help me speak out about waiting until I am married to any guy who ask.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment