Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Week 7 Day 2: Choose To Flee

Resist the devil and flee!!! It was so much easier to flee from temptation when you had to leave your home to find temptation. But if you have a cell phone, computer or TV, temptation is one click away or the add on the screen.

How do you flee when it is in your back pocket, your purse or on your desk? How do you avoid images, videos and music that are a sin in themselves? Can you choose to flee?

I have couple of suggestions that I would highly recommend you follow.
1. Keep the computer in a main room. If any one could catch you in a second, you usually resist the urge of temptation.
2. Put an accountability software on your computer. It will send info to a friend or parent’s email about any sites you visit. If you know someone is going to know what you are doing and you will get caught, you usually choose to avoid temptation.
3. If you have Internet on your phone, you should ask your parents to make sure your provider knows it is a teen’s phone and will not allow you on inappropriate sites.
4. If students at your school are known to send inappropriate pics to embarrass other students, you might ask your parents to have your provider block you from receiving pics by text. You can still Bluetooth pics and music, but you are protected from receiving things you do not want.
5. If you have a TV in your room, set the Chip so adult only material does not come up when you flip channels. Protect yourself and your mind.

Now that you have read my suggestions and finished rolling your eyes at them, please listen to me. Choosing to flee by protecting yourself from temptation is very important. Those images or words you can hear will mess with your mind and stay with you. The devil will mess with your head once they are in there.

Another reason to have your computer and phone set to protect you is it also keeps other people from using them inappropriately. You do not want to end up grounded or in trouble at school because one of your friends used your stuff.

Choose to flee from temptation. Why choose to fight a battle if you can avoid it altogether...right? Life is hard enough without falling into traps of temtpation online. You can choose to be smart and protect yourself before it even happens. And imagine how proud your parents will be and how much more they will trust if you ask them to put things on your phone and computer to protect you.

This is my life I choose:

Write this verse on my mirror

Matthew 26:41
"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

* as I brush out the tangles, to ask God to forgive me for falling into the temptation of gossip, anger and lies.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me watch for temptation and to fight the battle for me.
*as I brush my teeth, to ask God to help me speak out and flee from temptation.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment