Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Week 8 Day 2: Choose To Speak The Truth

Take a moment to review the truths from yesterday.
1. You were created by God and in His image. And as the old saying goes,"God don't make no junk."
Psalm 139:13
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb

Genesis 1:27
"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them"

2. You are a child of God.
John 1:12-13
"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

3. You were worth saving, the ultimate sacrifice was made for you.
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

4. God loves you.
Romans 5:8
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us"

5. God has a plan for you.
Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

My prayer is that you believe each of those truths. But I have one more question. Do the words you speak about others reflect those truths or do they cause hurt?
Whether you are mad, hurt or going along with the crowd, we have to be careful how we speak of others. Even those who have been hurt by words of others tend to speak hurtful words. Knowing the pain they are causing does not stop them from speaking those hurtful words.
Please be truthful, are you one who hurts others with words instead of building up? Even if it is not intentional, does it still happen?
The good news is God will forgive you for the hurtful words you have spoken. And today you can choose to speak truth that builds up not tears down.
Will you choose not to speak hurtful words? Will you choose not to join the crowd who is mocking another?
Remember the hurt you are causing if you speak words of hate, but also remember the love you are spreading when you speak the truth of God.



This is my life I choose:

Write this verse on my mirror : Write one of the verses above.

* as I brush out the tangles, to ask God to forgive me for the hurtful words I spoken to and about others.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me see those who are hurting because of words.
*as I brush my teeth, to ask God to help me speak His truth only and no words of hate or hurt.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment