Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Week 8 Day 4: Choose To Know The Truth: Some People Do Care

Today is going to be pretty short and sweet. You are not alone.

What? You are disagreeing with me. You may feel alone sometimes or a lot of the times. But I promise you are not.

Some of you are blessed with caring and involved parents. Unfortunately, most of you only have one parent or parents who work all the time. Finding a caring, loving teacher sadly is becoming more rare. (They are still out there.) Most teens, especially girls, have the type of friend that acts more like an enemy. You know the 'who needs enemies with friends like these' type. These are all reasons you feel so alone at times. But you are not.

I see you rolling your eyes at me over this one. You have already stopped focusing because you think I am going to say, you are not alone because God is always there. While that fact may be true, it is not what I am going to say :p

If you feel alone or have no parents or teachers to talk to about life, then you need a person. Not just any old person, but an awesome, caring, understanding, hold you accountable mature (sorry do not want to call myself old or big) person. And trust me, they are out there.

Hopefully you have a youth worker, maybe a former fabulous children's minister ;), a college student in your church or in your life with whom you can share and discuss the difficult choices of life. If you do not have one then you need to find one.

As I have said, you are always welcomed at my house and I am here for you. Ask your youth pastor or pastor to help you find an adult who will take the time to be there for you. If they are not at your church, let me know.

Remember there are people who care. Not all adults hate teens. You will find there are some who dislike the world you have to live in and want to help you. I know I do. We do not want you to be in this world alone. So please choose to let us be your friend :)


This is my life I choose:

Write this verse on my mirror : A verse from yesterday.

* as I brush out the tangles, to ask God to forgive me for my sins.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me see someone who can be my friend, my mentor..
*as I brush my teeth, to ask God to help me share my struggles with those who can share their wisdom.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment