Monday, September 20, 2010

Choose Delight

To be honest, my Monday morning is already starting off kind of yucky. It is hard to find motivation to write when by 6:30 am you're already having a bad day. At this moment I can choose to be in a bad mood or I can choose to find joy in the Lord.

So, this morning I am going to choose to find joy in the Lord by thinking how he feels about me not how others may feel.

Psalm 149:3-5 (New International Version)
3 Let them praise his name with dancing
and make music to him with tambourine and harp.

4 For the LORD takes delight in his people;
he crowns the humble with salvation.

5 Let the saints rejoice in this honor
and sing for joy on their beds.


Zephaniah 3:17
17 The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing

While my Monday has started on a bad note and others seem to already be irritated with me, I am going to remember God delights in me. My prayer for you in that no matter what kind of day you are having, you choose to remember that God delights in you. (And so do I)

*To write on my mirror: "The Lord delights in me"
*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive for letting others determine my attitude.

*as I brush my teeth, ask God to use my mouth to let others know he delights in them.

*as I put on eye make up/contacts, help me see those who need encouraging today.
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment