Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Choose To Be An Alien in Harmony

"11Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. 12Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us." 1 Peter 2:11-12

Last blog, we discussed living in harmony with others. But that does not mean we live in harmony by choosing what others in the world choose. It means by our actions, the words we speak, and the way we treat others always reflects God.
But, if you also look closely at the verse, it tells us that others may still accuse us of doing wrong no matter how we may act. Yet, we are still to choose to live in harmony and live to please God so they may see it. So, what does this all mean?
It is pretty simple if you think about it. You and I need to choose to live a life of harmony with others by being like Christ and responding in love no matter how others may act. So if someone continues to be ugly to you or say hurtful things, you must choose to still show love and respect to them. As you make those choices, they will see the difference and you will make an impact in their lives.
So let's choose to be a Harmony Alien!!!

*To write on my mirror: 1 Peter 3:8
"...live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble."

*as I brush out my tangles, praise God for forgiving me for repaying evil with evil and insult with insult.
*as I brush my teeth, I surrender my mouth to God so it may live in harmony.
*as I put on eye make up/contacts, help me see those I need to live in harmony with today.
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment