Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Choose Glorifying Dreams

Whether your dream is to be the next big music artist, actress, lawyer, stay at home mom, etc, you must choose to be willing to evaluate it according to God's Word and will. Does your dream keep you in line with being like Christ? Does it reflect Christ or the world? Can your dream be fulfilled by making a few changes?

While these answers are between you and God, I can give you guidance.
1. Does your dream glorify God? How can it glorify God? If your dream is to be an actress, you cannot ask God to bless that dream if you are willing to take roles that go against His will. If you want to be a lawyer, will you be willing to answer God's calling to help the less fortunate? There are ways to use the gifts God has given you to glorify Him. Make your dream about glorifying God not yourself.

2. Does your dream bring people to God or to the world? Can you fulfill your dream and still reach the lost? As I think back at the friends I did not lead to Christ, my heart breaks. I want you to understand the importance of you desiring to bring people to Christ. Make sure living your dream does not cause others to stumble and fall.


3. Do you have to justify why it is okay? If you have to justify and make excuses on why it is okay to have a dream that goes against God, then let's find a new dream.

Before you ask God to make your dreams come true, really look at the three things in the above list. You may have to just do some small adjusting before God will answer. If you are blessed with a voice, maybe He wants you to use it for Him. If he has blessed you with beauty, maybe He wants you to use it to show others the importance of inner beauty. The simplest way to say it is to choose to make sure your dreams glorify God and bring others to Christ.

Spend time really listening to God. You may have some tweaking of dreams. Tomorrow we will look at the possibility of giving up our own dream so we can fulfill God's will.

My life, I choose…

*to write Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord. “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.”

*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for putting my dreams before his will.
*as I brush my teeth, ask God to use my mouth to speak the truth.
*as I put on eye make up/contacts, help me see his will.
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment