Friday, September 10, 2010

Choose Not To Start A Fire

5Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. "
James 3:5-6


The tongue can do so much damage, but the typing tongue, ouch, it burns others and keeps burning others. As we talked on the last blog about our tongue, we need to remember that the scripture not only applies to the words we speak but also the words we type.
It breaks my heart to see some of the things said on facebook and myspace. For those of you who have been hurt by words online, I am sorry you have been burned. But I also have to ask if you have chosen to hurt others with the words you type?
Once hurtful and ugly words are typed, they are out there for all to see and stay on that page. Think about it this way, typing hurtful words on someones page is like standing in front of them yelling the same thing again and again at them in front of a large crowd. The pain from your words continues to grow and cause damage to the person. And the damage has led to the suicide of high school students. So, I ask, actually beg you to never choose to type anything hurtful, rude or demeaning. Please do not start a massive fire with words online. The words will cause a raging fire that you will not be able to control once it is started.
And if you are a victim of online words, please make sure you keep your settings to private. And save yourself from the hurt by not being online friends with someone who is going to hurt you or mock you online. Also, if you have been beaten down by words, please talk to someone or message me. Don't let other's words tear you down.

My life, I choose...

*To write on my mirror: Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.


*as I brush out my tangles, praise God for forgive me for the fires I have started with my tongue.
*as I brush my teeth, I surrender my mouth to God and claim Psalm 19:14.
*as I put on eye make up/contacts, help me see how my words would burn someone before I speak them.
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment