Monday, September 13, 2010

Choose Harmony

Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. 9Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. 10For,
"Whoever would love life
and see good days
must keep his tongue from evil
and his lips from deceitful speech.
11He must turn from evil and do good;
he must seek peace and pursue it.
1 Peter 3:8-11

"Live in harmony" sounds like it would be simple, but you and I both have people in our lives that make it difficult to live in harmony. He/she likes to push our buttons until they set us off. You may never hear a nice thing come out of his/her mouth about you. But you and I are suppose to choose to live in harmony. Can I get a "say what???"

How do you live in harmony with someone who is like an out of tune piano? Is it possible to choose to live in harmony with an out of tune piano (the person)? Look at scripture again.

"9Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult"
You cannot choose what someone else is going to say or do, but you can choose your response. And God tells us directly not to repay evil with evil or insult with insult. Remember, do not spark a fire with your tongue. It will not be easy, but you have to choose not to act like an out of tune piano yourself. Instead, let a beautiful tune always come from your mouth. Unfortunately, others will still be off key, but if you keep going with harmony eventually the next person will too. And even if they do not change their tune, someone else might because they heard your beautiful tune.
So today, choose to live in harmony :)
My life, I choose...


*To write on my mirror: 1 Peter 3:8
"...live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble."

*as I brush out my tangles, praise God for forgive me for repaying evil with evil and insult with insult.
*as I brush my teeth, I surrender my mouth to God so it may live in harmony.
*as I put on eye make up/contacts, help me see those I need to live in harmony with today.
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment