Thursday, September 16, 2010

Choose God To Open Your Mouth

Psalm 51:15
"O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise."

Do you have days when it is hard to find anything nice to say? Do the words out of your mouth just complain and gripe? As we let those words come out of our mouth, our attitudes start to go down hill with it. So what do you do?

It is very simple. You pray the words above and choose to obey them. Read the verse above a couple of times. Have you ever thought about asking God to open you lips to declare his praise?

Today, I want you to choose to keep asking God to open your lips so you can declare his praise (speak the things you are thankful for today). No matter what mood you are in right now, no matter who may have upset you, no matter what happens, can you choose to find things to still praise and thank God for at that moment? I think you can.

*To write on my mirror: 1 Peter 3:8
"...live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble."

*as I brush out my tangles, praise God for forgiving me for repaying evil with evil and insult with insult.
*as I brush my teeth, I surrender my mouth to God so it may live in harmony.
*as I put on eye make up/contacts, help me see those I need to live in harmony with today.
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment