Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Choose To Stand When You Are Young

"12Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. 13Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. 14Do not neglect your gift, "
1 Timothy 4:12-14a

Yesterday we discussed standing up for Christ. How many times have you thought or said, "I will when I am older." Do you keep making choices to wait?
Paul is very clear to Timothy that even the young can do great things for Christ. I agree with Paul and even believe your generation can do great things for the Kingdom of Christ. Your generation is very passionate about their beliefs and feelings.
Imagine for a moment if you shared your passion for Christ. How would it impact those around you? Your school? Your family? Your friends? If God can create the world, you and I, can that same powerful God use you and I to impact the world?
Waiting until you are an adult may be too late. God has plans for you today. God needs you to reach out to someone. Will you, like Timothy, let God use you while you are young? Remember, it is your choice, choose carefully.
To write on my mirror: "The Lord delights in me"
*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive for not standing up for Him.

*as I brush my teeth, ask God to use my mouth to stand up for Christ.

*as I put on eye make up/contacts, help me see those who will stand with me.
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment