Thursday, September 2, 2010

Choose Your Response

(We are going to go totally off subject today, but I know that some of you have had a really rough start to school and this is needed.)

Unfortunately in life, you and I will face the ridicule of others. It may be from fellow peers, teachers or even our loved ones. While the words, the laughs, the looks may hurt our feelings, only you can choose how you will respond to it.

First you need to look at the source. Now a mom would say that they are just jealous and while that may be true it is not always the reason. You may feel it is just because he/she is a jerk. But in the words of one of my teen friends, "(Insert name) is not a jerk, he/she just needs Jesus." Someone who ridicules others may or may not believe in Jesus, but they probably don't have a close personal relationship with him.

After you really look at your source, you must decide how their words or actions are going to effect you. If it is from fellow peers, you almost have to smile and say Jesus loves you. (It would totally take them off guard). If it is from an adult, please let another adult know what is being said. But please do not let their words bring you down or ruin your entire day. You are precious and worth more to God than they understand. (If the words are inappropriate or truly offensive, immediately go to another adult.) And finally if it is from a parent/guardian, please talk to a counselor or trusted teacher at school. Please let someone help you deal with the hurt correctly.

Most importantly, please remember who you are in Christ. (see last week's blogs) You have a Heavenly Father who loves you and you are precious in his sight. Nothing can separate you from his love my friend, especially someone trying to bring you down. You are worth so much more to God.

So my friend, do not get angry or even frustrated, just remember,

Matthew 10:29 (The Message) "What's the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail—even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries."

This is my life, I choose:

*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive me for responding with anger.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me see who I am to Him.
*as I brush my teeth, ask God to help my mouth to encourage not ridicule.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment