Monday, September 27, 2010

Choosing my dreams or His will

My life, I choose...

A simple statement seems to be an innocent statement, right?? It's your life. Every day you make choices that impact your life in one way or another. But some of you are starting to make choices on your future. But what choice will you make when God shuts doors to your dreams? Will you try to keep pushing the door open or will you choose to look for the open door?

Since your generation has been raised as the “ME” generation, it is easy for you to feel you have a right to get what you want. And with reality TV shows, a lot of girls are hoping to be the next big thing. And while none of that is wrong, it can make you and I lose focus. So how do your dreams and God’s will come together? And what do you do if they are not the same? Do you trust God enough to choose His will over your dreams if needed?

This week we are going to look at your dreams and God’s will. Some of you may see them come together. Others may see God take your dreams and make them fit His will. While others may have to give up their dreams in order to follow God’s will. And we will see how choosing the path God has chosen is so important.

For today, I just want you to lift up your dreams to God. It is important to share them with Him. But also ask God to stat showing you the gifts He has given and His plans for you. And if trusting God with your future and dreams is a little hard then tell Him. Ask God to strengthen your faith.

My life, I choose…

*to write Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord. “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.”

*as I brush out my tangles, ask God to forgive for putting my dreams before his will.
*as I brush my teeth, ask God to use my mouth to speak the truth.
*as I put on eye make up/contacts, help me see his will.
*as I get dressed, put on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment