Monday, February 8, 2010

Week 3 Day 1: Choosing Friends

How many friends do you have? How many are close friends? How many of those close friends are Christians? How many those Christians friends are completely and truly living their life for Christ? Do you have a friend that encourages and strengthens your relationship with Christ?

A good friend is hard to find. A friend you can trust is even harder to find. When you are young, a friend who has amazing relationship with Christ and lives their life for Him is even harder to find. But is so important to have that type of friend.

You need to choose to find a friend who loves God and loves you so much they will only encourage you to follow God not the world. A friend who will help you stand up for what is right. A friend that will pray for you and with you. A friend who will speak the truth to you.

Let's stop and think who you know who could be that type of friend. Is it a classmate, youth group member, an adult (that is also a girl), a sibling, a parent? The friend does not have to be your age. She just needs to have an active relationship with Christ and truly has a desire to live for Christ. You want someone you can talk to and for her to be willing to speak the truth to you in a loving way. And of course she needs to be fun, too.

Really spend time praying about who could be this friend. Your teen years are hard. You will face a lot of trials and temptations. God will always be with you but He also wants you to have a friend. So the question is not if you will choose, but who will you choose to be your true buddy?

It is my life, I choose...

to write on my mirror:
Two are better than one, because they have good return for their work; If one falls down his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up."
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

*as I brush out the tangles, to ask God to forgive me for not always choosing Him.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), to ask God to help me see who can be my true buddy.
*as I brush my teeth, to ask God to help speak love to others today.
*as I get dressed, to clothe myself in the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment