Thursday, February 25, 2010

Week 5 Day 2-4: Choose No Tude

"4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Cor. 13:4-7

Love, it is not rude (an OMGosh, roll your eyes attitude), it is not self seeking (Life's not fair feeling), it is not easily angered (slam the door and storm off), it keeps no record of wrongs (does not hold a grudge and have a silent treatment.)

Love can hold its tongue from rude comments, it does not throw a fit if it does not get its way, it does not get mad over every little thing, it forgives and forgets.

Which one of those is difficult for you? Do you smart off to your parents, teachers, or friends? Are you more concerned about getting your way instead of what is best for you and others? Do you get mad at every little thing? Do you hold a grudge and remind others what they did to you?

For the next 24 hours, I want you to be aware of these responses. Sometimes they become so natural we do not even notice. But it is very important we realize how we are responding to others. Is it in love even when we do not get our way or agree?

And as you start to realize you are not responding in love, ask God to shut your mouth until you can. Before you open your mouth to argue, make a rude comment, etc, ask if it is showing love. If it will not show love then do not speak. Stop the thought in your mind. Just because you think it, you do not have to say it. Choose love over attitude.

(And not only will you be showing love, you will get in a lot less trouble.)


This is my life I choose:

* as I brush out the tangles, to seek forgiveness for my attitude.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me see how my attitude hurts others instead of showing love.
*as I brush my teeth, to ask God to shut my mouth unless it is showing love.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment