Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Week 4 Day : Choose to Love

"Love is patient...."
Yikes!!! Really? Love is patient. That has to be the first definition of love? I do not know about you but being patient with people...is so hard. There are a lot of people who test my patience. And I bet you feel the same way. Is it your parents, siblings, teacher or friends that test your patience? Does God even understand how hard it is to be patient with people?
Think about that question again, does God even understand how hard it is to be patient with people????? This is a hard answer to swallow, but yes. He understands completely. How does he understand? God has to have patience with you and me. He is patient while He waits for us to be obedient, while He waits for us to come to Him, while He waits for us to follow His will, while He waits for us to fulfill His purpose, while He waits for us to not be so selfish. Do I need to continue with the examples? God loves you enough that He will patiently wait until you fully give your life to Him and follow Him. His love does not change even if it takes us days, weeks, months or years. And all the time while He waits for you, He loves you enough to still provide and take care of you.
So yes, God's love is patience. Now, we need to learn how to practice love that is patient. Our love may need to be patient and hold our tongue. Sometimes our love will be patient by loving another even while we wait for them to love back. We will need a love that is patient when someone hurts us and we have to wait for them to be sorry.
So today I ask you, will you choose to have a love for others that is patient? It will be a choice made many times a day. It will not be easy. But make yourself aware of the choice you will have to love with patience.


It is my life I will choose…

*To read my verse

"4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Cor. 13:4-7

* as I brush out the tangles, to ask God to forgive me for not always showing patient love.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me see how His love for me is patient.
*as I brush my teeth, to ask God to help me speak with a love that is patient.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment