Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Week 2 Day 4: Choose Who Are Today

We have discussed and thought a lot about who we are more like, Christ or the world. I think we would agree that all of us have a goal of being like Christ. You and I wish we were more like Him. I would even say we probably wish we were less like other people in the world. These are things we should want and we should make them our goals. But it has to be more than just a goal to reach. You and I have to choose today, and each day after that, to be like Christ.

My question to you is this; who will you be like today?

If your answer is 'like Christ', then start your day with Him. Use the daily steps as you get ready and play your favorite type of Christian music. (If you live in the DFW area, you can turn the TV to 58.3)

I think a saying we should know and put in a locker, on a notebook or on our phone is "I know WWJD now WWID (What Will I Do)." You can put a scripture or scripture reference underneath it. It will help us not just remember what Jesus would do but help us remember we have to choose what we will do at that moment.

And we have to remember that we will mess up. We might lose our temper, speak words we regret, watch or listen to something we shouldn't or show disrespect. When we choose actions unlike Christ, then we just need to stop, admit it and seek forgiveness. Jesus died for you so when you make a mistake you can be forgiven. Do not beat yourself up over it. Accept the forgiveness and move on to a better choice.

So, today choose to be like Christ and take the steps necessary to reach that goal. And tomorrow choose the same. Let's take it day by day and each day choose to be like Christ.

For my life, I choose

*to read the verse on my mirror and say it aloud.
*as I brush out the tangles, to ask God to forgive me for not spending time with him so I can be more like Christ.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), to ask God to help me see where I am more like the world then like Christ so I know where I need to change.
*as I brush my teeth, ask God to use my mouth to speak loving, respectful words to others.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God so I am prepared the battles I may face.
*to "I know WWJD now WWID" on my phone or notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment