Monday, February 22, 2010

Week 5 Day 1: Choose Love Not Envy

"4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Cor. 13:4-7

Being patient may get easier, being kind may be simple. But love is also not envying what someone else has or being boastful of what you have. And that means...

1. Not being jealous of another's looks, clothes, grades, parents, home, phone, hair, life, boyfriend, etc
2. Not rubbing in anyone's face what you have or what you can do better than someone else.

I will sum it up this way:

1.When you love, you do not have to compete to be the better the person.
2. We all were created by God. We all have sinned. We are all saved by grace. Therefore we are all blessed.

When we become consumed about the differences between ourself and another and things turn into a competition of who is better, we lose sight of loving one another. We love what they have, not who they are. If you look at someone and envy what they have, you not only lack love, it builds hate. A small amount of envy can build into a huge wall of hate. And most importantly it can keep us from seeing what they may not have and need, which could be Christ.

Let's choose to be aware of envy and pride. Let's stop it before it takes hold of us and miss the opportunity to share the love of Christ.

And one more thing, I love you gals!!!

This is my life I choose:

* as I brush out the tangles, to seek forgiveness for envying what others have instead of being thankful for what God has given me..
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me see those who are missing the most important thing not what all they have.
*as I brush my teeth, to ask God to help me speak words of love not boastful words.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment