Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Week 4 Day 2: Choose Love

I love chocolate and I love my Diet Dr.Pepper. These are two things I will always love. Right now most of you love Edward. Some of you love Taylor. Of course a couple of years ago you loved someone else. But what is sad is that these are the things we think of when we talk about love.

Your generation has not had the privilege of really seeing true unconditional love. Most of you come from broken homes or have parents you barely see. Teachers are so stressed that they do not get to show how much they care. And most of your friends either insult you or will dump you in a heartbeat for someone else. The only love you experience is what you see on TV.

I will admit that your generation has truly missed out on what love is. I want to tell you that love is so much more. God's love for you is beyond what you can imagine. The love you can have for others can be amazing too. But how do you love when you have not felt love? How do you even learn to love?

The verse I had you write yesterday is a perfect definition of love. The other example is Christ's love.

I want us to look at the love Christ has for us. Now it is so great it is hard to comprehend especially if you have never experienced a father's love. I will try to explain it the best I can.

His love for you is not based on what you do or don't do. He loves you unconditionally. He loves you even if you do not love Him. He loves you so much He took your punishment, death. He loves you so much He left heaven to walk this earth not only to die for you but to live a life that would teach us how to live. Christ's love has no selfishness. His love is patient, kind, forgiving. His love keeps no record of wrongs. He will protect you and because of His love for you, you will always have hope. He will always be there and never leave you because His love is so great.

You may have no one in your life that truly loves you. (But know I do). But you do have Christ. You have to choose let yourself experience His love. Make yourself aware of how He loves you and know that He loves you. Choose to be with Him and read His Word so you may know His love. Choose to let yourself be loved by Him.

It is my life I will choose…

*To write the verse on my mirror

"4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Cor. 13:4-7

* as I brush out the tangles, to thank God for loving me.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to help me see how He loves me.
*as I brush my teeth, to ask God to help me speak of my love for Him.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God

No comments:

Post a Comment