Thursday, February 11, 2010

Week 3 Day 4 (The Actual Day 4 Yesterday was Wrong..oops)

All week we have been talking about friends, but we cannot talk about friends without talking about your best friend. Or should I say the one who should be your best friend.

In this world and in your life, you will have many friends. You will have friends you keep forever You will have friends that come and go. But all these friends are human. They will make mistakes. They may let you down or hurt your feelings. You will probably fight over a boy (which may I say is never worth it.) It is part of life. So is there a friend who will never leave you? Who will always love you no matter what? Who would sacrifice their own life for you?

Yes. Yes. And he already did. Jesus will never leave you. Jesus loves you. Jesus loves you so much, he took your punishment and died on the cross for you. Read that again. This is a friend who knew you would mess up. He knew you deserved to be punished, but Jesus stepped in and took your punishment...death. Wow, that is a friend.

You may have a friend who would do a lot for you, but no one will do what Christ did for you. He is the best friend you could ever have. So why do you and I not spend time with Him? Why are we missing out on such a great friend? Why do we keep trying to have so many other friends that we have no time for Jesus? He is the only 100% faithful and loving friend we will have.

I really want you to think about it. If a friend saved your life, would you not just love and adore them? If a friend always stopped to listen to you, would you not be grateful? If a friend forgave you everyday, would you not love them more? Should you not admit Jesus is that friend? What excuse do you have not to be with Him everyday?

It is time you and I choose to be with our best friend. It is time we choose to talk to Him everyday. It is time we choose to learn more about Him. Christ has already chosen you.

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends" John 15:13

It is my life I will choose…

*To read my verse.
* as I brush out the tangles, to ask God to forgive me for not spending time with him.
*as I put on my contacts (eye makeup), ask God to show me how much he loves me and all he has already done for me.
*as I brush my teeth, to ask God to help me speak to him everyday.
*as I put on my clothes, to put on the armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment